Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hello!!
Aw it makes it so much harder when you don't ask questions! haha This week was a little different. It was very on and off but it was mostly all really good! But we will start last Wednesday.  I was having kind of a hard time and I had a few small things bothering me so I asked President Preston if I could talk to him and we went to his office and We seriously just talked and talked and talked about everything. I went into that meeting feeling just a little sad, and frustrated with myself and my companion and the language and a few things like that and we talked for almost two hours and at the end I asked if he could give me a blessing and the feelings I got and the comfort I felt was seriously incredible. I was so happy. It was to the point that when I came back to the district room people were asking me why I was so happy and what was happening haha. But I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and watches out for us.  I read a scripture right after that. It was just like the stories you always hear about but I opened the book of mormon and the First verse I saw was Mosiah 7:33. It talks about if you lose yourself in his work and serve him with all diligence of mind, he will deliver you out of your trials and direct you. It was such an amazing verse to read at the perfect time.

Then the rest of the week was pretty normal we went about our teaching and learning and attempting to speak German. I got very frustrated with my companion when we were teaching a lesson about the Apostasy to our investigator Vincent and I felt like I was bearing a powerful testimony of the Apostasy and why it had to happen and right as I finished before Vincent could even respond Elder Price started correcting my grammer. Any spirit that was in the room was just gone. But its okay I talked to him about it and explained that I really appreciate his help and love when he corrects me but that there is a time and a place to do it and in a lesson is not the time. Later that day we had the best lesson we have taught together yet.

We got the next batch of missionaries and there are some cool ones but I miss the old group. its crazy how close we all got in the short three weeks we were together but it was seriously like we were family. But in this new batch we got a native German speaker so we have all been trying to talk to him and get used to it. haha he probably thinks we are so annoying but he is super nice and really helpful. He says I have a bad American Accent when I speak German. haha oh well proud to be an American! haha hmmm what else... well this is the last week in the MTC so that is very exciting!! Next time I write I will be somewhere in the Alpenladishe Mission! Finally!!

This was just a quote that one of my teachers shared from Mother Teresa and it just fits just about everything in life.

 "People are often unreasonable and self centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are honest people may cheat you. Be honest anyway. If you find happiness people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.  Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyways. For you see in the end it was never between you and them. It was between you and God."

Love you all,
Elder Hunter
                                                           Ripped my pants already!!

                                                              Sporting a new haircut!!

                                                       Last group pictures at the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment