Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Hello Mom!! and Everyone!

I am just going to start in on the questions today.

-So how has your week been so far? And how is the German coming! I can't believe you only have two more weeks in the MTC!

This week has been crazy!! So I got called to be the distirct leader which in the MTC is not that big of a deal but It kinda puts our district on me and I didnt realize until then how much our distict had been slacking.  Right after I got the call for that I just felt like crap because I know we have not been doing as well as we should be and again the quote " if we knew who we were before, we would be sad we didn't try harder".  So I really prayed about it and talked to President Preston about it and he gave me some Ideas and we set some goals as a district and I think this has been our most productive week yet!! It is not because of me at all though! I think every Elder in our district is more fit to be the leader, but it is my calling for now so I want to do the best I can! German is continuing to come along! I am very ready to be outside the MTC walls. hahahha

-So I'm curious...have you had to use melatonin at all or are you so tired every night that you sleep like a baby?

So funny thing. I dont know what it is. I havent had to use it except just like two or three times since the first week but now whenever I take it it helps me get to sleep quickly but it also makes me wake up at like three every time. Weird so I just dont really take it anymore!

-How are you doing with your laundry? Are your white shirts holding up and not needing to be ironed?

laundry is all good! the shirts do a really good job of staying wrinkle free and nice looking!!

-I was excited to hear that your first talk went well in Sacrament Meeting. Way to go! Any fun things that you can share with us that happened this week?

I was happy with it! I tried just using bullet points for the first time and it actually went so well! it makes it easier just to say whats on your mind about the subject! Hmmmm this week has been a good week! I made my 500th flashcard yesterday! haha Ill send a picture of them. hmm we also had testimony meeting this week and I had the opportunity to give my testimony. There are so many strong testimonies here it is insane.  the spirit in the room was so strong. Then today we went on a church history tour which was really cool and super nice to stretch our legs! I will send some pictures!!

-Did the new missionaries arrive yet that are  going to your mission with you that don't need to learn German?

We still dont know if there is one or not. we will find out tomorrow. I am hoping he is coming cause it could be really useful!

-Have you eaten all of your christmas chocolates that we sent with you yet? I hope you shared.

Not yet! I have been savoring them and sharing most of them!!

-What is a favorite word or phrase that you learned in German this week?

hmmm thats a hard one..... not any favorite particular ones but i am starting to be able to put my own sentences together to where they might not be perfectly grammatically correct but you can understand what I am saying. haha

-How have you served someone this week?  Or has someone done something special for you?

Hmm I mean I have tried to be really nice to those around me and just act genuinely interested when some people say thing to me that really just drag on... but i am doing my best to just be nice and listen and respond.  It is harder than it sounds. But it does actually help and the relationship is better!

Well another week down and a little more German learned!! I miss all of you and Love you so much. Thank you for being so loving and supportive of me!! Until next week, which will be my last vorbereiten tag at the MTC!! YAY!! Talk to you soon!!
                                                              New Years Festivities



                                                      Preston and Church History Tour




 The apartment where President Hinckley lived on his mission when his dad told him to forget                        himself and go to work!




                                                          Yummy Christmas Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment