Friday, December 25, 2015

 This week has flown by in some ways and in other ways it has felt like an eternity. I have been learning tons and tons of German and learning to apply it well to the Gospel and learning much more about the Gospel.  It is amazing to get to know everybody here and have so many young people all working towards one purpose.  We all get along very well.  But not without our differences.my companion could not be more opposite of me.
But life is going good here in the MTC. It is a pretty small group. right now there are only 14 of us here. more get here tomorrow.

But to answer your questions mom lets get started.
My schedule is very organized and every second accounted for.  haha we go non stop all day. which is good because i certainly sleep well at night.

My most touching experience so far has actually been today.  We went to the temple and one of the Elders (Elder Mulonga) from south africa had not taken out his endowment yet and I got to sit by him the whole time and be the one that got to help him out and direct him and it was so cool to see how touched he was by the spirit.  He balled through the whole session.  I love Elder Mulonga he is the nicest guy ever.  And also just being in the temple as a missionary you get such a cool feeling.  I really know god watches over us.

As for language study versus gospel study it is about 70 percent language 30 percent gospel. BUT all of the language really is gospel too and i feel the spirit a surprising amount during language study.

Seriously I have loved getting to know everybody here.  It is so fun just to hear everyones different stories and where they are from and why they are here.  My favorite few people are Elder Young, Elder Corneta, and Elder Mulonga.  Elder Young is From Texas and is 20, Elder Corneta is from Switzerland and is 24, and Elder Mulonga is from south africa and he is I believe 20. They are the people I could just talk to forever and make time fly by.

And yes Mom and Lauren, My legs are finally not sore from mine and Laurens run. But speaking of me and Elder Young run together on some days and play Rugby with everyone other days.

I know that missionary work is truly inspired and I can not wait to continue learning and be able to get out and teach in 5 weeks! I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment