Monday, July 4, 2016

Hello everybody!! I hope you are all doing great and loving life!!
This week was good, really really slow again but good.

Tuesday we had district meeting which was great and then afterwards we
had exchanges. I stayed in Wetzikon with Elder Edvinsson. He was so
cool. I really loved the time we spent together. He is from Sweden and
is almost done with his mission. Just a really good down to earth guy.
We had a lot of fun. I had a pretty cool experience in a really weird
way while I was there. We had an appointment with this guy named Hans
and we show up and as we show up before we could even say a prayer he
pulls out his iPad and a envelope of papers and starts just rattling
of anti Mormon papers and trying to show how the Book of Mormon
contradicts the bible and just everything. It was a bible bashing
appointment to the max. But we just sat there and listened and it was
funny because honestly he knew the bible really well and honestly if I
had not have been on my mission and really began building a strong
testimony he probably could have convinced me I was wrong. But it was
so funny because there were so many things he said where I knew there
were scriptures in the bible that I knew and could show him but for
some reason I couldn't quite remember where they were and so I never
tried to fight back against him. But instead of feeling stupid and
feeling like maybe I was wrong. I just had the most comforting feeling
and The whole time with every word he said my testimony and knowledge
of why the church is true grew a little bit. At the end I was able to
bear witness of it and I told him what I had experienced. He didn't
like that and said we were lost forever in gods eyes. But I just
didn't care. I knew so strongly in that exact moment that I was
exactly where I was supposed to be and that this really is the true
gospel. It was really a testimony builder. After that we just headed
home and ate some dinner and laughed about it all and it was also
funny because right after we left the appointment I could remember
exactly where all those scriptures were. I just don't think I was
supposed to fight with him. Bible bashing is stupid because nobody
benefits and it's just lessons of anger and trying to prove who knows
there bible better.

Wednesday we just went finding for a bit and then exchanged back and I
came back to frauenfeld. Then we had a very slow day. We were trying
so hard but we just can't find anyone. Eventually we got invited to go
play soccer with the youth and so we went and taught a lesson
afterwards and there were a few non members there too so it was good.

Thursday we actually were pretty busy. We went to Sister Klaumunzners
school class and talked about where we are from. Everybody was very
excited to ask about America. It was pretty good. Even though they are
only like 15 so we won't really benefit but it was more service than
anything. Then we went to the Diethelms and had lunch and then did a
service project there for a few hours. Then we came back for
appartment checks and that took forever. They were there for literally
an hour and a half. It was such a waste of time. But then we went and
played soccer again with a big group of kids mostly non members and
got to teach a lesson again. We got one guys number and he said we
could meet again. So that was good.

Friday we made breakfast for the Czieslas and then we went finding in
Wil the whole day. We found 6 potentials that were really cool. Only
one of them lives in our area. :( that was a little sad. But still
people that will meet the missionaries.

Saturday we got our transfer calls and I will be getting a new comp.
his name is Elder Stomps. He is apparently the shortest missionary in
the whole mission (girls included) but it is funny because that means
I will have a different comp three transfers in a row. He is from
Holland I think. You'll hear more next week after I have met him. He
sounds a lot like Elder Harvy from what I have heard. Then after that
we had a stake soccer tournament and we played for our young men's
team. We actually did pretty good we ended up getting like 4th I
think. It was way fun though. Then we came back and met Selma and got
to teach her a little bit. She will be coming to the motab concert so
that's cool.

Sunday we went to church and it was testimony meeting. It was really
good. I really enjoyed it and then we also talked about being a man in
preisthood and I really liked it. It pretty much said that to be a
real man we need to ignore almost everything media tells us a man
should be.  It was based on a talk from Todd D Christofferson. After
church we went to Sergio's house and man I had a headache there. The
mom and son speak Russian with another, the mom and dad speak Italian,
and we had to speak in German and they replied to us in English. Wow.
That was weird. Haha but still great. They were really cool. Then we
went straight to the Wichterman family. We were already so full but we
ate a lot anyways. Haha then after that we went to Sankt Galen and
slept at the Zone Leaders House.

Monday we were in a train at 5:12 headed towards Chur to go to a
mountain called Pizol. We got there at 6:40 and started hiking. We
were back by 5. We hiked/ran/slid/climbed a total of 37 K it was
crazy! I am so so dead now. But it was so so beautiful. I loved it. A
lot. I just love being in the mountains. But we also had a really
cool/scary experience there. We were hiking down and above us a guy
slipped and fell about 25-30 meters and was just rolling, he ended up
right by us and he was uncontious and pretty bloodied up. I got to use
the very few things I remember from Emr class and I stabilized his
neck and spine and called emergency services. We then just waited with
him till the helicopter came. Crazy. Hopefully he will be okay.

Liebe Grüße,
Elder Hunter
                                           Little Elenora stole my ipad during sacrament
                                                                           Hiking Pizol



Elder Edvinssen

No comments:

Post a Comment