Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Hallo,
     Wow my first transfer in the field is already over. It's crazy how
fast it actually went! We got our transfer calls on Saturday and I am
staying here with Elder Harvey! Which is sweet! Elder Harvey's last
transfer!! My second and his last. Haha but I'm stoked to be staying
with him.
     This week was fun because we got to mix it up a little bit and do some
different stuff. On Tuesday we had Distrikt Versammlung which was
awesome. Elder Storrer went off on how Muslims and other Christians
Faith's believe a lot of the same things as us but that a lot of their
doctrines conflict themselves and he went deep haha like a 5 page
booklet comparing stuff. Pretty funny. But then after we had district
meeting we did a district finding day which was seriously way cool
cause we all traded companions and so I was with our zone leader Elder
Samuelson and it was just so interesting to get to see another persons
approach to finding. It wasn't better or worse than what we do
normally but it was just one more way to know. He was so good at
pulling out scriptures to answer people's questions right there on the
street and I thought that was so cool. It makes me want to be better
familiarized with the scriptures!! But that was way cool and I learned
a lot.
     Then here comes the crazy part. Then they made me and sister
whiting who is only one transfer older than me go together and it was
hard. I went from being able to always fall back on my companion if I
got stuck, to being the one saving. Sister whiting had never been
street contacting and I think she is scared to just throw herself out
there in German.
     But we talked to a few people and struggled through
the language barrier but succeeded not to get Englished but no real
interest from anyone then sister whiting stopped somebody for the
first time and I was kinda finishing talking to somebody else and I
heard her stop him right as I was saying bye to the other then just
silence... She didn't know what to say. Hahaha so I hurried and
started talking and he was the coolest guy. I explained to him that we
were just in Salzburg today and simply wanting to share a message
about Christ and faith. He was very open and I asked if he had a
religion or faith and he told me he didn't really have a certain
religion but he has faith in Christ and knows he is our savior. We
explained that we know he is our savior as well then we shared mosiah
3 5-8 and that lead into us talking about the Book of Mormon and we
explained that we believe in the Book of Mormon as well as the bible
and that we use them hand in hand and he loved it. I gave it to him
and invited him to read from it and had him read Moroni 10 3-5 and he
said he would give it a shot and then he told us that they have a
group that gets together for bible study every Tuesday night and that
he would love for us to come and talk about the book! Sadly I had to
go back to Neumarkt so I didn't get to do that but he was so ready for
the gospel and I hope that he will accept it as the Salzburg elders
begin to teach him.  He was so cool!
     But it was seriously so cool because just in those short few hours I
learned so much from both Elder Samuelson and Sister Whiting, I feel like
my mission is helping me learn that no matter who I am with I can learn
something from them. Or at least that has been the case every time so far. Even if maybe
it's somebody you are not so open to learning from... I have learned
that too.
     But then we started our austausch so me and elder Nebeker headed back
to Neumarkt and we taught Sonja the gospel of Jesus Christ lesson and
it was really good. She opened up to us a lot about her childhood and
how it was pretty rough for her and yeah it was good. Then we had a
member appointment and sport abend where we just played some fußball!
It was pretty fun me and Elder Nebeker had a pretty good time together
and had a good day then we tausched back the next day about 12 and it
was fun being with Elder Nebeker but Elder Harvey is the best! Haha
     The week in between that was pretty average. Nothing big. But then
Friday we were going 90 miles per hour all day. We had ward mission
council then a lesson, then a lunch appointment, then apartment
inspections, then one lesson, two lesson, then a dinner appointment.
Holy crap. It was awesome though!! In our Distrikt the Ehepaar has a
competition that whoever has the cleanest appartment gets to go out to
lunch wherever they want with them. We got 100 percent on our cleaning
check and he goes hard. Like checks everywhere. Haha he checked the
blinds for dust. But yeah so we ate
​a great Asian buffet today. :)
     Then Saturday was pretty cool. We got to be the witnesses for a
baptism in Salzburg and everything there went well. It was cool to see
a convert baptism as I have actually never been involved in one. It's
cool to see someone so excited about it. It was this African guy named
Peter! He was way cool! Then we just played some basketball with the
kids at the baptism.  All in all it was a great week!!
Liebe grüße,
Elder Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment