Monday, May 2, 2016

This week was different but really really good!! We did a lot of ward
service and things like that but we still had a really good week!!
On Tuesday we had to drive to Salzburg to drop off some papers to an
eye doctor for some tests I had done for my drivers license and then
we went and got my license translated. After doing all that we came
back to our area and called a lot of people from our phone and set up
some appointments for this week and also went and did some dooring.
Sadly no luck. But then we had sport Abend which is always way fun! We
played chair soccer inside because the weather is back to winter. Haha
the weather here is more bipolar weather than it is in Utah. Then we had a good
lesson about the importance of tripod (scripture study, sabbath day
holy, and prayer).
On Wednesday we did our normal studies and then we went and visited
M and talked to him and taught him about missionary work and how
he can be a member missionary. Then we actually took him with us to
our appointment with Horst and I don't know how good of an idea it
was.... Haha we got there and M just started going hard on H
asking him if he drinks and if he smokes and how much every day and
etc etc. we finally had to just tell marek to stop because we are just
working with H with the 12 step recovery program and reading
through the Book of Mormon. After we got marek under the reigns then
it was okay but wow. Haha M... What a guy.  Then after that we ate
at the family of S R house and had a really good time and ate
some good schnitzel. Then after that we went to meet a potential I had
called that was just in our phone and he said he would love to get
some coffee with us so we met him at a bakery and drank some apple
juice and we talked and just got to know him and just very
subtly worked into the restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon. He
was way cool and pretty open to it all so hopefully he will let us
meet with him again.
Then Thursday was crazy. We had our district meeting and president
interviews in Salzburg and then training. It was a long time. Haha but
it was way good! In district meeting we talked a lot about the
creation and also with working with our wards. I talked about what I
have been reading in the Book of Mormon. I have been reading in mosiah
about king Benjamin and for me when I read that story and what he says
it really just makes me realize how unimportant I am to the plan and
everything but how important we all our to God. He doesn't need us in
any way shape or form but he loves us and cares for us more than we
can even comprehend. I really had to try and have a humble mind while
reading it all. I love that story. But then we did a few role plays
and it was great. It was great also to meet with president again.
Since I have been here things have been kinda crazy so this is only my
second interview with president but it was really good. We just talked
for a bit about how the works going in Neumarkt, companion, language,
etc. Then he talked a bit about how we are losing more missionaries
than we are receiving and so we are having to close down temporarily
some areas and that it makes transfers really hard. The way he was
talking to me about it I think I will probably be in Neumarkt for two
transfers after this one. But I'm not sure! We will see. Then in
training we just talked a lot about how we need to be better about
having a plan for our investigators right from the start and that that
plan should be an open thing. Not something the missionaries should be
doing in secret. We want our investigators to know our end goal and
everything. Then after that we went and got food with a few other
missionaries and went to aganigi naginigi.  Then we drove to Mondsee
and had a lesson with a potential me and Elder Erickson had found the
week earlier. He is really new here and he is from Greece. He is way
cool and his name is Er. We had a REALLY good lesson with him and
hopefully we will meet with him again this week. Then we went to the
church to help set up for tanzen im Mai. This ward goes so so hard on
their activities. It is really incredible. They put in hours and hours
of effort.
On Friday we did a service project for Frau L again and helped her
carry a bunch of wood into her barn then we also drilled a bunch of
holes in a big Metal wall for her. Then she made us some really yummy
crepes and we talked with her for a bit. Then we told the ward we
could help finish setting up for the dance and thought we would be
there for maybe two or three hours but ended up being there for about
8 hours setting up and then the part that took the longest was making
175 burger patties. And they all had to be exactly 150 grams. Haha
pretty funny. Then we finally finished and went home for about an hour
showered and changed and did some weekly planning then went back to
the church to help again at the actual dance. It was so funny they
wanted to cook the burgers on a coal grill and were wanting to eat at
8:30 and they were just like okay we will start lighting the coals at
8. Me and Elder Jensen were just like ummm let's start lighting them
at at least 7:30. They all were like noo that's way to early and we
just said better safe than sorry and we showed up at 7:20 and started
setting up the chimneys to light the charcoal and they literally had
no idea how it worked. It was hilarious. Really annoying too though.
They were trying to light the charcoal with a lighter.... The kept
trying to do that until about 7:45 then they started freaking out
because they realized it was taking longer than they thought and
started stressing then they kiddingly were like where are the Eagle
Scouts when we need them and me and elder Jensen both were just like
we are right here... Haha then me and elder Jensen
taught them how to use a chimney and got a good fire going underneath
it and got the bottom coals going good then they grabbed it and dumped
it back out into the grill because "it was ready" haha they didn't
know how it went. But we eventually got it good and going strong. Then
we grilled all the hamburgers we made ate a few then had to go home at
9:30. But the dance went all the way until 2 which is crazy. The
activities and stuff here are so much different than they are at home.
Then on Saturday we did our weekly planning, called people to find
rides for investigators, then we taught A and committed him to
talk to his mom about what we believe. Then we met with sister H
and we were kind of tight on time but for some reason me and elder
Jensen both felt we needed to cancel our next appointment and just go
on a walk with sister H and push her in her wheelchair. We didn't
know why, but we did. We had a great time and she was so so thankful
as always. Then we went by to C and she was way stressed so we
just said we could come back next week then we did some dooring until
it was time to go home.
Then on Sunday we had a great day. We went to church and I was asked
to give the opening prayer and then we had testimony meeting and it
was really cool there was a very common theme of the Book of Mormon in
almost all the testimonies. H also went up and gave his testimony
which was kind of a shock but we were way stoked. But then after the
sacrament meeting bishop came up to us and told us that sister H
is in the hospital and they are not sure what it going on and it is
not looking good. I have never been so happy that we canceled on
someone before in my life. I really hope she can pull through but it
felt really good to know we had made her day the day before. Pray for
sister H. She is the nicest lady. But then we went to Benny makzls
house and had lunch and had a great lesson there then We came back and
did studies then we went to the Lerchners house which was way fun. We
had a really good lesson about the atonement there and it was really
awesome the
n We just sat and talked for a while. They are the best!!
Well one of the best. I just love this ward.
 Today it was super foggy so we just hiked to this church on top of
the mountain and looked around there which was way fun! It is the
oldest wooden church in Austria. It was way cool! Then we found the
rope to ring the bell and rang it at 12. It was great!! Fun p day for
how crappy the weather is!! :)
Have a great week everyone and have a great Mother's Day! :)

Liebe Grüße,
Elder Hunter

                                               We hiked onto a military base on accident
                                                The oldest wooden church that we hike to.
                           Found a cupboard full of liquor behind the front part of the chapel

                                                              Grilling hamburgers

No comments:

Post a Comment